Sunday 24 May 2015

Treasuring Memories Of Ipoh.. Last day

Hi Guys! So, I'm back with my last day of Ipoh venture! It was hard to say goodbye to Ipoh.. I enjoyed this trip a lot and met a lot of new people from different semester. It was indeed a memorable journey.

Day 4
10th February 2015

Last day in Ipoh! everyone got up early with packed bags and all dressed up for our final venture! This time we all went for breakfast together before going to explore the Sekeping Kong Heng Hotel. We went to this really old place like a ruin of a 2 storied building, which has been converted as a eating place where a lot of food shops were open with tables and chairs like a food joint. Everyone was very excited to eat this thing called "Roti Goyang" Being an international student I had no idea what it was. So it looked like this


They put the egg on the bread and cook them together. The cooking process is not what we usually see and its a traditional food in Ipoh.
It looked really delicious and I could tell from everyone's expression that it indeed tasted awesome. but the problem is I don't take anything but hard boiled eggs. Even for poached eggs, the yolk has to be hard. So I did not have a chance to have a taste of it. But I did tasted their Roti Bakar with Poached eggs separately.



After a filled tummy we headed towards our destination, the Sekeping Kong Heng Hotel. If you guys remember I did mention about this hotel on my 2nd day story. Like the whole Kong Heng square, the hotel itself also maintained the ruined facade by only changing the interior following the adaptive reuse process. They kept the interior of the hotel very natural with unpainted face brick walls and bare floor and wire frame beds. The whole thing has a very natural feel to it.

The Facade

 The staircase

 one of the hotel rooms

 I really liked this library/reading area very comfy place
for a book lovers and I being a book worm was totally
digging this small area.

Thanks to Vevi for clicking this. 


The Pool


another of the hotel room
This is actually a hanging bed made of glass and wooden frame
must be thrilling to sleep inside


If you look closely you can see two wooden compartments with stairs


I wanted to see how it feels to be inside
And then did not know how to come down!!



We did manage to take smashing class pictures though!!


And selfies ofcourse!



After being done with Sekeping Kong Heng, We bid Ipoh Goodbye and headed towards our next destination: Kellie's Castle. I heard it was haunted from my friends there, and was really excited to see something but alas it was day time and the holy spirits were probably taking naps. 


Group Picture before entering the castle


perspective


Dearest Lecturers sunbathing


Hoping to see some Royal Spirits

So one of our dearest friend decided to play a prank on me and vevi and locked us in the dungeon. We both kept quiet for a very long time and then everyone outside got really panicked. Haha. The joke backfired and it was on them. And no even in the closed dungeon I did not come across anything interesting!


So our longest short trip to Ipoh ended here. It was a very pleasant and memorable journey. And again thanks to my department for giving me chance to explore different places every semester as a part of the curriculum. It really helps us to bond and create networking. 






No comments:

Post a Comment